Thursday, July 7, 2011

Transatlanticism







I have a fear of becoming too specific. Too focused solely on what's out there that has to do with what's right here. Oh gosh, there are so much bigger things. Naturally, I talk and think about things I know, but what a small slice of the big wide universe that is.

There's so much to KNOW. There's so much to think about. I feel that my brain and the world are inversely proportional. The more in the world there is to know the less my brain seems able to actually contain. It's a scary feeling, but a nice one too. It's so overwhelming there's hardly a need to swim out and above. It feels nice to drown in it all, sometimes.


"The universe is no narrow thing and the order within it is not constrained by any latitude in its conception to repeat what exists in one part in any other part. Even in this world more things exist without our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way. For existence has its own order and that no man’s mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others."




There I go again, quoting McCarthy and rambling about the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment