Tuesday, August 30, 2011







I couldn't get the song "Gold Lion" by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's out of my head. So I juxtaposed some of it's lyrics with some writing of my own. It's experimentational, I liked the idea but haven't nailed the execution. I hope Karen O doesn't mind...




The sun dripped from the sky in golden drops, landing heavy on the leaves above, and sifted quietly through into shadowy fragments that painted your face, a lion of light.



"Gold lion's gonna tell me where the light is."



It was a kaleidescope day and the soft blue was the sky and the softer blue was the skies in your eyes reflecting my gold ones, again and again and again.



"Take our hands out of control."



And we were spinning.


"Take our hands out of control."



And we were running, but mostly looking.



"Tell me what you saw, I'll tell you what too."


No comments:

Post a Comment