Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We were promised jet packs.





As the dentist leaned me back in the chair today and fixed that awful swiveling light somewhere right in my eyes I thought to myself,


Isn't it strange, society. Isn't strange how we've made dentists offices and the postal service and highways. Humans have made a gosh awful mess of things, yet we have done quite the job with organization.

I find it oddly comforting. What comfort is there in a dentist office? I like the order. I like the normalcy. I like that we've all been to the dentists office. I like the average- middle class- American- citizen feel to it.

The government could be taken over by crazy, power hungry aliens from outer space; I think we would still believe them. We want to believe them because it gives us order. A fragile order perched lightly on top of the endless possibility of utter chaos, but an order all the same.


And I say, "recess".

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete