Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kurt Vonnegut (excusemysemi-obsessionbutIreallydojustlovehimalot) said, "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

So today I was in the car in some cute black heels with two of my beautiful best friends in the front seat talking happily and perfect music playing and blue skies all around and I thought to myself, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

And then I sat at a farewell and got all teary-eyed while I listened to a little boy crying so sweetly with the spirit and a beautiful talk on love and I thought to myself, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

And I walked a bit under an umbrella in the rain and went to family dinner and laughed with my grandparents and took a nice little nap and read for a while in bed and got a perfect email and sat on a swing overlooking our pretty little valley all aglow with lights and two really cool people on either side talking about real things and my hands nicely occupied. And then I came home and had a big piece of peach pie from the neighbors. And I thought to myself all the while, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

Make happiness a priority. Or at least exclaim it or murmur or think it when it comes your way. "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

We're golden, and we're damn funny too.

No comments:

Post a Comment